The Special Needs Steering Committees (SNSC) of Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington (KFLA) and Lanark, Leeds & Grenville (LLG) were formed under the former Special Needs Strategy. They include a network of community organizations that work with children and youth with special needs and their families.
Our vision is an Ontario where children and youth with special needs and their families, get the timely and effective services they need to participate fully at home, at school, in the community, and as they prepare to achieve their goals for adulthood.
Together we are responsible for overseeing the implementation and delivery of Coordinated Service Planning for children and youth with special needs. Our Community of Practice supports the shift in collective practice required to realize the network’s vision. It provides front-line staff and managers a forum to share learning and best practices, build capacity and enhance knowledge related to Coordinated Service Planning.
Special Focus Meeting Reports:
- CSP Intro & Refresher – Building an Integrated Family Centered System
- Children & Youth with Complex Health Issues – CHEO, KHSC and partners
- The Education System & the F-words – School Boards and partners
- Children with Special Needs in the Early Needs – CMSMs and partners
- Transitions & F-words – Transition to School, Transition to Adulthood, Service Resolution/Complex Special Needs
- Family & Service Provider Dialogue on FASD
- F-words for Families
- A Focus on Coordinated Care: Ontario Health Team & SNSC Dialogue
- Supporting Children and Youth with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder with Re-Integration to In-person Learning